ZA WWW 2009

Yesterday I did my dry run for the ZA WWW Applications Conference 2009. I didn't do too bad after all. So I will be presenting my first paper at a conference and yes! "For the first time"!!! Well myself, Gina (MSc student), Marwan (MSc student) and Hussein (our supervisor) wrote a paper based on our honours project titled "Wordbank - A Language Preservation Portal" **sigh**, YES its got some memories, if you know what I mean. Anyway the paper itself was titled "Preserving Endangered Languages Using a Layered Web-based Archive", gosh what a long name!

So I hope all will go well in Port Elizabeth next week when I do my presentation on Thursday.... wish me luck.... ;-) Right now, I am invigilating a first year class (CSC1016S) writing their Practical Test on "recursion in Java", poor things, I hope they all get a 100% because this is their last chance. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honolulu, HI, United States!

Death strikes yet again!